Welcome to our blog!

Jake and I are excited to be starting our first blog. We decided to create this blog to help keep everyone updated on what's new with Meredith Photography. By frequently posting new photos of our latest shoots, you all can know what we are up to, see our most recent work, and just stay better connected!

Friday, February 15, 2008

Vegas here I come!!

I just wanted to share the great news with all of you. I entered a photo contest held by my awesome website company Bludomain., and out of 1500 entries, I WON (by ONE vote)!!!!!!!!!!! I still can't believe it! As winner I'm being flown to Las Vegas for a 3 day stay at the WPPI Convention. (huge photographers convention), as well receiving a VIP pass to Blu's rockin party! I can't wait! I apologize for all the exclamation marks, but I'm just so excited! A HUGE thanks to my brother Aaron and his girlfriend Kayti for being such awesome and willing models. We ended up hiking through snow for about a mile (at least that's what it felt like) to get to the spot I wanted to shoot in, and both Kayti and I were wearing ballet flats! We obviously weren't prepared for the road to be closed and snowy. Another big thanks to my sister Alyson who informed me of my win! Blu said they would announce the winner sometime before midnight. Jake and I were celebrating Valentine's day with my cousin and his wife at their house with dinner and a movie, so I figured I'd just check Blu's blog when I got home (after midnight). Around 11:30, Alyson called me to find out why I hadn't let her know that I'd won. It caught me off guard, and I was like, "Won what?" "The contest!!" she shouted. Needless to say I was a little surprised (okay, I totally screamed!). Here is the photo:

Guidelines: Theme was *Love* and there had to be a can of RedBull somewhere in the photo

Thank you so much to the judges who voted for me!!

14 comments:

Aaron + Kayti said...

CONGRATS! I am so stoked for your win Mere! Although I am a little biased, I am so pleased that there were so many others that agree on what a talented photographer you are:) I love all the pictures that you took and thank you so much for letting us be apart of that!

Kimberlee West said...

Congrats, Meredith! I loved this photo! See you in Vegas! :)
-Kimberlee, Bludomain Concierge

Unknown said...

congratulations on the win! love your site! you are very talented!

Anonymous said...

love love LOVE this shot! Have so much fun in Vegas!!!

sheena said...

whoops. so sorry to be anonymous.....:)

Esther Noelle said...

Congratulations, Mere! The picture is awesome. That is a really exciting accomplishment!

kymberli q. said...

Just had to stop by to say "Congrats" - such a great prize!

Gina said...

That is so awesome! Congratulations! That is an original and darling shot! The props and lighting are amazing.

Have a blast in Vegas!

Anonymous said...

Mere...please note that I am now a nerdy blogger. Congrats on the pic! That is so freaking awesome...you are so talented. Cute pic!

DDD said...

mere...we knew you could do it!!!

Katie L. said...

Mere! Congrats! That is so great! The picture is really good (of course because you took it) and I am so excited for you! Congratulations again!

Carin Davis said...

This is an amazing photograph!!! Congratulations!!! What an honor!

Angie Monson said...

omgosh I didn't know this was your photograph who won! Awesome job!

It was so fun to get to know you a little at the workshop. I am sure we will see more of eachother!

Angie

Unknown said...

Congrats!!! :) I love the photo. I hope you have a great time at the WPPI!