Welcome to our blog!

Jake and I are excited to be starting our first blog. We decided to create this blog to help keep everyone updated on what's new with Meredith Photography. By frequently posting new photos of our latest shoots, you all can know what we are up to, see our most recent work, and just stay better connected!

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Leaves, Bugs, Ring

I'm neck-deep in work right now, but couldn't resist taking a quick break to post some photos that Jake and I took a few weeks ago. I had done a family session up Hobble Creek Canyon in the most amazing spot, and kept talking to Jake about how we needed to go back there to get some shots of the leaves. So we did. Jake ended up getting off work later than expected so the great light was pretty much gone when we got there, but we decided to see what we could get. After a bit it was getting way too dark (and cold), so we tried for last shot of the two of us, since it seems we are never in pictures together. We sat down at a picnic table, but before we could get any good shots Jake noticed that the table was covered in little green bugs. Consequently, so were we! They were EVERYWHERE. I jumped up and started brushing them off like mad, and Jake, rather than brushing himself off, decided to help me instead. As he was brushing off my back, we suddenly heard a *CLINK* *thud*. Jake's wedding ring had flown off his finger into the leaves! We frantically began searching (well, I was frantic. Jake doesn't get frantic) but it was so dark, we couldn't see a thing. After a fruitless 30 min. we decided we'd have to come back at first light. Next morning we enlisted the help of Jake's mom and brother and after a prayer began our search again. After about a minute, Jake's mom spotted the ring in the leaves! WHEW! I was so sad thinking we might never see it again. I'm so glad she found it!!!

Okay, okay, end of novel. Here are the pics:



I love this shot Jake got:






Loved the way the reflection makes a circle


Right before we realized we were covered in bugs...

1 comment:

Aly said...

I really love the photo with the reflection of the curved branches. The story about the bugs makes my skin itch just thinking about it!