Welcome to our blog!

Jake and I are excited to be starting our first blog. We decided to create this blog to help keep everyone updated on what's new with Meredith Photography. By frequently posting new photos of our latest shoots, you all can know what we are up to, see our most recent work, and just stay better connected!

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

One nation under God...

As I said in the previous post, Jake and I spent last weekend in Maryland. Jake's never been to the nation's capital before, so--after the wedding on Thursday and Friday--Jake and I headed to downtown D.C. to see the sites.

First, check out the place where we stayed! This studio apartment was amazing and the family who own it were such gracious hosts.

Don't let this happy little photo fool you. I'm reluctant to admit that driving in places I'm not familiar with stresses me out, but since I have a young husband (okay, only a year and half younger, but still not old enough to rent a car!!) I was forced to drive. Luckily we had a GPS!
The Washington Monument


Loved these cute little ducks

Posing with Abe
The White House

Capitol
Right as this nice stranger snapped this photo of us, the sun came out from behind the clouds. Nice squinty eyes.
We had SO much fun. I can't wait to show you the photos from the wedding!

7 comments:

Melissa O said...

You two are so stinking cute.

Jenn Oldham said...

Younger guys are the best=) I am three years older than Rich. He has 1.5 years before he can rent a car.

We do because we Mexi-Can! said...

Meredith, you hottie tottie!! I can't believe I came across your blog, this is Kim Treanor, you know...your best math buddy! Your photog is so great! We have to keep in touch, let me know what's new with you! Or I guess I can see it on your blog, huh. =) my blog is mexicanfamily.blogspot.com

Katie L. said...

What great pictures! I still laugh when I think about you driving around DC (which I have been there and it is not easy) and your stress level rising! Ha! How fun!

Saedi said...

I'm cracking up. I knew Jake was younger than us, but I never realized he can't rent a car....man that makes me feel old!

Brenda Chela said...

Yeah, thank goodness for those little GPS things. I wouldn't survive here in Nashville without ours. You guys are so cute, we had so much fun with you guys at the wedding!

Katy said...

What a cute little apartment...I want one!! I love your blog, because it has fabulous photos and personal posts, you know...everything I like to stalk!!