Welcome to our blog!

Jake and I are excited to be starting our first blog. We decided to create this blog to help keep everyone updated on what's new with Meredith Photography. By frequently posting new photos of our latest shoots, you all can know what we are up to, see our most recent work, and just stay better connected!

Monday, May 5, 2008

A Personal Post...

Okay, so it's been a while since I did a "personal post", so here's all the latest with me & Jake.

1)Easy as Pie
I got a recipe for strawberry pie off the blog of one of my fellow photogs and inspirations Nichole Van. It really was SO good and super easy. I've never thought making pie was all that "easy" until now! I'm admittedly not the greatest chef, and even I couldn't mess this up. So easy, in fact, I went ahead and made two.

Here I am being Vanna White and touting my own pies.
2) I leaned my back up against an oak
I was given a teeny tiny little twig of an oak tree and was told to plant it in my yard. Unfortunately, Jake and I are planning on tearing up and landscaping our yard soon, so I can't plant it yet. Instead, I decided to stick it in a mug on my window sill (almost sure that it would die since I tend to accidently do that to plants), but lo and behold, it started sprouting leaves! Teeny tiny oak leaves. I know it's silly, but it made me so happy.

Seriously, this thing looked like a barren stick when I got it. Look at all that foliage!

3) The dungeon is being transformed
We have been working on our basement for the past several weeks, and it's so nice to see it coming along! There's already been a HUGE improvement (if you can imagine that from the following photos). Jake and I can't wait until it's finished! I'll post after pics when it's all done.

The living room. The random chair is so we could sit and see how far the projector needed to be from the wall. Yes, we are going to have a projector and big screen! (p.s. don't you just LOVE that red and black checked linoleum floor? Don't get too attached--we'll be carpeting over it)
The stairs leading upstairs and the former laundry room. This room will become a bedroom and we moved the laundry hookups to the furnace room on the other side of the stairs. Jake and his dad knocked out a tiny doorway that was here and made this big open doorway.
An old dumbwaiter chute that we are converting into a shelf/product display area.
My office isn't pictured because it basically looks exactly like the living room right now.

5) THE BEST TWO YEARS
For my fellow mormons out there, I am not referring to a mission or a movie. Rather I'm referring to the best two years of MY life, which happen to be these past two years married to Jake. That's right, yesterday was our TWO YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! WOOHOO! I know that all sounds cliche, but if you were married to Jake, you'd know. He truly is one of the greatest human beings I have ever known.

I have a million pictures of me and Jake, but I'll leave you with a few shot on Saturday. We went and hiked the Y. We haven't done it for a really long time, so it was fun to get up there again.

8 comments:

Aaron + Kayti said...

i am so glad that you guys are so happy. mostly i am just glad that aaron has so many fabulous examples in his family :) thank you for your support and i am so grateful for you and jake! CONGRATS!

Katie L. said...

So cute! You guys are such a cute couple! I love the pic of the Strawberry Pie (I really want that recipe) and congrats on your new tree! Ha! I want to come and see your basement because I remember the feel of it...it still scares me!

Gina said...

Happy Anniversary! You are a great looking couple! Glad to hear these have been the best two years of your life! So wonderful!

Thanks for taking time for us on Saturday! Liam had so much fun and that is a priceless thing. Thanks for letting him run the show!

Scott Phillips said...

2 years? Time flies! Those pies look delicious, also and your basement really is coming along! We miss you guys and think you should get out to Dallas soon! Jackson misses you too. Call us soon!

Melissa O said...

Meredith and Pedro what can I say except you two are the greatest people ever. You are too cute for words. Pedro really is one of the nicest people as are you, so you are a perfect match. 2 years. That is crazy, it seems like yesterday that you got married. Tell Jake hi and that he is awesome and tell yourself that you are awesome. Love ya Mer

Angie Monson said...

love this post. By the way, did you save any pie for me?

Angie

Saedi said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! You guys are so cute! I want to come see your house when you get the basement done. I still haven't seen it since you moved in.

James and Amy said...

Ok, my Mom used to make those pies!!! I totally want to go make one right now! James says, "Keep the dumbwaiter, that's the coolest thing in the world" :) We just love you guys!