Welcome to our blog!

Jake and I are excited to be starting our first blog. We decided to create this blog to help keep everyone updated on what's new with Meredith Photography. By frequently posting new photos of our latest shoots, you all can know what we are up to, see our most recent work, and just stay better connected!

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAKE!!! XOXOXOXOXO

Last week was Jake's birthday! When I found out that I would be at girl's camp last week (I'm a YW leader in my ward), I was sad to realize that I'd miss my hubby's bday! Luckily, Jake was willing to come up to camp on Thursday (last day there) so he could spend the evening with me and we could drive home together. Since I missed most of the day, we decided to celebrate on Friday.

So what present did I get for my main man? A HONDA CRF 250! Jake has talked of nothing else for over a year now. I finally decided to give in, though I didn't let him know that! With the help of my cousin Sam, we found the perfect bike. Trying to keep it secret from Jake was so hard! Especially when he discovered a large sum of money missing from my account! oops! To throw him off, I created a fake cruise itinerary to bermuda and even had a travel agent call pretending to be confirming our reservations! Jake claims that he was never fully convinced, but I think I definitely had him second guessing! Here's a few shots from the day, along with a video clip of his first ride.




And here's his new helmet that his parents gave him, and his new shirt from his sister and bro-in-law

The thing I'm most happy about? Jake can finally drive the rental car! WOOHOO!

Check out his first ride on his bike:

3 comments:

Katie said...

Wow, what a nice wife you are!!! I bet Jake is thrilled! Also, I hear ya on the rental car issue....when we went to Hawaii last summer I was 25 but Danny wasn't....younger men, sheesh. :)

Katie L. said...

Enterprise car rentals here you come! Ha! That is true that now you won't have to drive in big cities anymore! :) Happy birthday Jake!

We do because we Mexi-Can! said...

Ok, you have no idea how jealous I am!! I love dirt bikes! That is the coolest present ever.