Welcome to our blog!

Jake and I are excited to be starting our first blog. We decided to create this blog to help keep everyone updated on what's new with Meredith Photography. By frequently posting new photos of our latest shoots, you all can know what we are up to, see our most recent work, and just stay better connected!

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Jake's post - Washington DC

Sorry to skip back to Washington DC, but there were a couple personal shots that I thought were really cool. I was glad I was able to travel with Meredith, and had a great time at Lindsey and Tyler's wedding.

So first here are some fun shots I took of Meredith hard at work. On Friday morning we went to the Washington DC Temple where Lindsey and Tyler were married. It was raining some when they came out of the Temple to do their group pictures. Meredith was trying to work quickly so all the little ones wouldn't start crying. She got them all set to go in front of the Temple, and was positioning herself when she stepped back just a little too far, into one of the flower beds. This normally wouldn't have been too big of deal, except they had just dug up the dirt so that it was all soft. That combined with the rain made it a nice mud pit. Sure enough her foot sunk right in about half a foot down, and to maintain her balance she put her other foot in too. Like a professional, she hopped out, took the picture, and acted like it was no big deal! I grabbed a picture a little while later after she had wiped most of the mud off....


Meredith wasn't too happy that I was posting this picture, but I love when it is humid and her hair gets a little frizzy and curly.


One more on Meredith, then I will leave her alone. Meredith has always been great with people. That is one reason why I think she is such a great wedding photographer. Here is a photo to show the service she provides above and beyond just photographing a wedding.


While doing shots around the reception location we found this cool spider. Meredith and Lindsey didn't think that it was all that cool, but I got a pretty good shot of it before we had to move it to a different location.

Finally, my favorite shot from DC. I can't take credit for this one... it was all Meredith.


I had a great time in DC, and am glad that I can tag along with my awesome wife. She is amazing, and very talented.

2 comments:

Katie L. said...

What a cute hubby...he loves the friz and all! Ha! Those are great shots!

Saedi said...

That is so fun! I love seeing photos of the photographer! And the temple picture......holy cow, it took my breath away!