Welcome to our blog!

Jake and I are excited to be starting our first blog. We decided to create this blog to help keep everyone updated on what's new with Meredith Photography. By frequently posting new photos of our latest shoots, you all can know what we are up to, see our most recent work, and just stay better connected!

Monday, June 16, 2008

Tyler + Lindsey 5.9.08

Here are some favorites from Tyler and Lindsey's D.C. wedding at last! It's been such a busy summer already, I apologize for my blog neglect. As I said before, Jake and I had such and awesome time with these two and their families! The day was rainy, but beautiful nonetheless (and since mine and Jake's wedding day was rainy too, it brought back good memories!). I can't say enough how much I loved all the the little gorgeous details of this wedding. Take a look:

Jake and I arrived in D.C. just in time for their wedding dinner the night before the wedding. The dinner was held at Maggiano's and the food was excellent. One of the coolest things (in my opinion) was when Lindsey's dad pointed out that their wedding day also marked the anniversary of the meeting of the Union and Pacific Railroads at Promitory Point. Since Lindsey is from the East, and Tyler is from the West, the day would once again mark the joining of East and West!
Now on to the wedding day!


The blossoms on this tree were gorgeous!






A few final adjustments before the reception:


Check out these amazing details! I especially loved the bejeweled candy table.
Loved this little nephew of Tyler's. He was so adorable!
Their reception was held at Oxon Manor. Both the grounds and the building were incredible! I could have shot there all day.




I absolutely loved their wedding party. Lindsey's bridemaids were all so sweet and definitely made me feel like one of the girls.

I loved that they had their guests hold peacock feathers for their departure! I think the best part though, was when they hid one of their friend's little boys in the back of the getaway car. As Lindsey & Tyler drove off, he popped his head up from the back seat and asked where they were off too. It was pretty funny to see those brake lights suddenly light up.

Lindsey & Tyler: Thank you SO MUCH for letting us be a part of your amazing day! We really had such a great time.


To view their slideshow, click here.

3 comments:

Gina said...

You capture the mood of your weddings so beautifully. I about cry with tears of joy when you post these!

I loved her shoes and the peacock feathers were so appropriate! Much more symbolic than rice or bird seed, that is for sure!

Katie L. said...

That looks like such a beautiful wedding! You are so amazing!

Saedi said...

How beautiful! That looks like it was a way fun wedding. What a darling couple!