Welcome to our blog!

Jake and I are excited to be starting our first blog. We decided to create this blog to help keep everyone updated on what's new with Meredith Photography. By frequently posting new photos of our latest shoots, you all can know what we are up to, see our most recent work, and just stay better connected!

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Start spreadin' the news...

Isn't that how that New York song starts? I thought it appropriate since I am at long last (and with some harrassment from a few friends that I don't post enough personal stuff on here) posting some pictures from the trip to New York that Jake and I took with his family in December! We went for a week right after Christmas to spend time with Jake's brother (who is at NYU med school out there) and his wife Kara, and to see Kara's show (she is a Rockette). Despite the fact that I came down with the 24 hr. flu while there and had to spend a full day feeling like death in Josh & Kara's apartment while everyone else enjoyed the sites, we had a great time. It was so fun to FINALLY see the big apple!

Rainy day in Central Park:

bird in a bush...
Ground Zero
NYPD
Jake+me on Brooklyn Bridge
Good ol' lady liberty
Here's a few from Kara's show. Check out those kicks! Kara is the one dead center.
Great job ladies! The show really is awesome
Jake+me backstage with one of the show's props. Yep, they have a live camel in the show
Here's the fam onstage with Kara afterwards. And yes, I'm the idiot doing the "rockette" pose being assured all the while that everyone was else was as well. Don't I look like a midget next to Kara?
Outside Radio City
At Rockerfeller (sp?) Center
The infamous tree
Awesome view from the Top of the Rock
Vintage landscape I created of the Empire State Building
Everyone (minus my mother-in-law who is taking the shot) on top of the rock

It really was a great trip! I'll soon be posting images from mine & jake's trip to Hawaii too. Stay tuned!

8 comments:

Katie L. said...

So it's finally known that Mere's secret dream job is a Rockette! All the signs were there, why didn't we see this! Ha! Amazing pictures! It brought back so many memories of my trip to NYC! You and Jake are such travel bugs...can I come to Hawaii? :)

Gina said...

You look like you belong there! Great photos! Looks like you had a blast (minus the flu bug).

Lindsay Jane said...

Mere - is that Kara, sister of Breanne (Skyview 2 alum)?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Aly said...

I want to go somewhere so badly! This doesn't help. Is that your new logo, or just a new watermark?

Esther Noelle said...

Meredith that is funny you know Kara - do you know her sister, Breanne? She was my freshman roommate and then lived in Skyview for a semester. Looks like a fun trip to NY!

Mitch and Ale said...

Mere! I'm still so jealous that you went to Hawaii! But what the heck... you haven't called me! Seriously we need to hang out!

Katy said...

Mere, it looks like it was SO much fun!! My lil' bro. is going to New York on his mish, and now I am impatiently waiting for him to leave so we can go pick him up!! Awesome pictures.